LGBT Health is the quarterly peer–reviewed journal dedicated to promoting optimal healthcare for sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI) minority people worldwide. Recent progressive developments have created an extraordinary window of opportunity in many nations to lower the barriers to access to quality healthcare for LGBT-identified people, to research the most important health needs of each segment of the LGBT community, and to train clinicians in the best practices to meet those needs.
LGBT Health publishes original research, reviews, short communications, and legal and policy perspectives that address the full range of healthcare, health research, and policy concerns relevant to LGBT health.
We are currently seeking submissions in all areas within our scope but are especially encouraging articles that address the direct clinical care of sexual orientation and gender identity minority people of all age groups. Example topics of particular interest include:
• Primary care health maintenance for one or more SOGI populations
• Aging and older adult health concerns in individual SOGI populations
• Reproductive services for LGBT people
• Hormonal and surgical gender transition including best practices and areas of emerging research
• HPV infection, sequelae, screening, treatment, and prophylaxis in one or more SOGI populations
• Pre- and post-exposure HIV prophylaxis
• Psychopharmacological treatment for those living with HIV in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)
• Management of clinical data regarding sexual orientation and gender identity, confidentiality, and research practices
LGBT Health prides itself in being a truly international publication and is accessible in over 1,700 libraries in 136 countries around the world. The Editorial Board comprises an impressive professional team of global experts in the field of LGBT health. Our mission statement, published articles, and Instructions for Authors can be found on our website. We look forward to your submissions: http://www.liebertpub.com/lgbt