Today we honor our forebears in the labor movement (and the legislators and other leaders who supported them) for making possible:
- The 40-hour work week.
- Child labor laws.
- Equal pay for equal work.
- Occupational and workplace safety.
- Disability insurance.
- Community colleges and other workforce development providers.
- Anti-discrimination laws.
- The right to organize and bargain collectively.
- The weekend.
You are welcome to add your own favorites in the comments section of this blog post.