An interesting essay in the on-line Inside Higher Ed, Kerry Ann Rockquemore’s “Stop Talking, Start Walking” outlines strategies for tenure-track faculty to increase the probability of earning tenure successfully.
- Aligning time and priorities.
- Categorizing a to-do list by research, teaching, and service.
- Aligning the time in the calendar with promotion criteria.
- Mapping t0-do tasks onto specific time blocks in your calendar.
- Creating a semester plan.
This article (open access to all) is first in a series to follow.