Attend the NLN’s FREE Technical Assistance Workshop for Preparing Grants
Designed for both novice and experienced grant seekers, this workshop provides an update on the New Jersey Nursing Initiative, a special grant program funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and programs administered by the US Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Bureau of Health Professions, Division of Nursing.
Techniques for writing successful proposals will be discussed and participants will gain a better understanding of grant-funded opportunities to support faculty development, strengthen program capacity, and enhance new technologies.
Trinitas School of Nursing, NLN Center of Excellence, 2008-2011, Elizabeth, New Jersey
April 26, 2010, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (Funding provided by Laerdal Medical Corporation)
- Identify funding opportunities through the Division of Nursing.
- Understand the grant writing process.
- Describe guidelines for preparing federal grants.
- Apply grant writing techniques to develop a grant.
- E. Michele Richardson, MS, BSN, RN, Director, US Department of Health and Human Services, HRSA, Bureau of Health Professions, Division of Nursing
- Aisha Mix, MPH, MSN, RN, CCM, Lieutenant Commander, US Public Health Services, Lead Consultant, Nursing Workforce Diversity Program, HRSA
- Susan Bakewell-Sachs, PhD, RN, APRN, BC
- Carol Kuser Loser Dean and Professor of Nursing, School of Nursing, Health and Exercise Science, the College of New Jersey Program
This workshop is limited to 40 participants.
For more information and to register: http://www.nln.org/facultydevelopment/Workshops/grantwriting/index.htm
The NLN offers continuing education credits for all its faculty development programs through IACET.