True Colors, the Connecticut not-for-profit support, advocacy and education group on behalf of sexual minority youth and their families and friends, will host its 18th annual conference here at UConn on Friday-Saturday, March 11-12, 2011.
Organizers seek proposals for workshops during the conference that may be designed for youth, for family adults, or for health and education professionals. The deadline for workshop proposals is Friday, December 3, 2010.
They are particularly seeking:
- Cutting edge, advanced or 201 professional workshops targeting educators, child welfare professionals and clinicians who already have an expertise w/LGBTQIA youth
- Curriculum & lesson plans
- Train the trainer programming
- Information on cutting or other self-harming behaviors
- Transgender & gender non-conforming children specific workshops
- Activity based youth only sessions – theater games, dancing, art, self-defense, etc.
- Facilitated discussions on topics of interest to college students
When you submit your proposal, since you can’t go back once you submit the form, be sure to have your title, description, learning goals, and bio ready when you go enter the proposal submission site.
Proposal submission: https://www.quickbase.com/db/bcykwtbe6
Feel free to call with questions or ideas: 860.232.0050, ext 302.