Call for Manuscripts: The California Journal of Health Promotion, Special issue on Health Disparities in Latino Communities
We invite manuscripts for a special issue that addresses health disparities in Latino communities. Manuscripts may include methodological innovations, theories, prevention, screening, interventions, policy change, and community collaborative approaches that target various health-related issues. A special issue of the Californian Journal of Health Promotion seeks to keep pace with the increasing growth and diversity of Latino communities in the United States. Authors from any region are invited to submit manuscripts and other types of materials, such as multimedia presentations. We seek papers from multiple perspectives, including basic, applied, and evaluation research, any methodology or scope, and covering such topics, but not limited to:
* The relationship between health behaviors and risks for health outcomes.
· Psychosocial, environmental, economic, and health care factors related to health-related behaviors and outcomes.
· The role of urban environments and health.
· Grassroots, public policy activities to alter social, built, physical, and service environments.
· Examining any of these topics by highlighting the diversity of different Latino ethnic origins or ethnicities.
Please contact guest editor Erualdo R. González (email@example.com) with any questions regarding the suitability of your manuscript for submission. Full drafts of manuscripts are due by June 1, 2011. For author guidelines, please visit our website at: http://cjhp.org/ . To submit a manuscript, please register with the journal at http://cajhp.msubmit.net/ . You will then be able to submit a manuscript.