Call for Conference Presentations and Posters: International Home Care Nurses Organization
The IHCNO announces its inaugural conference, The Future of Health Care Is at Home, to be held on June 25-28, 2013 at Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio. It is co-sponsored by the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing at Case Western Reserve University.
Abstracts may be submitted by November 1, 2012 for a paper or poster presentation on any of the following topics:
- research (in any area relevant to home care)
- education in home care
- administration/clinical operations
- specialty care/populations (e.g. pediatrics, wound care)
The International Home Care Nurses Organization develops and supports a vibrant worldwide network of nurses who promote excellence in providing optimal health and well-being to patients living in their homes. Deadline for submission: 11:59 p.m. US Eastern Standard Time, November 1, 2012. Submit two copies of the one-page abstract, no more than 500 words in length.
- • Copy 1: With author information to be used for the conference syllabus.
- ◦Author information includes name, credentials, and title exactly as you want them to appear in the conference proceedings
- ◦Identify primary presenter and include contact information (affiliation, email address, telephone, including country code if applicable)
- ◦Note: The primary presenter does not have to be the first author
- ◦If co-presenters, also include contact information
- • Copy 2: Abstract without any identifying information to be used for the blinded peer review.
- Abstract Guidelines
- • 500 words maximum
- • Times New Roman or Arial, 12 point font
- • Block formatted – no paragraph indentation; single-space text, double space between paragraphs
- • Write numbers as digits (e.g., 7, not seven), except those that begin a sentence
- • Do include identifying information (e.g., name of organization) in the body of the abstract
- • Use only standard abbreviations and spell out the words on first use, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses
- • Identify 3 keywords
The abstract submission process is complete when you have emailed the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include ABSTRACT IHCNO 2013 in the subject line.
1. One-page abstract with author information, including presenter contact information
2. One-page abstract without identifying information
The first author is responsible for the abstract content. Submission signifies the intent of the presenter(s) to register for the conference and present at the conference which is to take place on June 25-27, 2013 in Cleveland. Selected presenters and co-presenters must be paid registrants. Presenters are expected to assume the costs related to travel, accommodations, and conference registration fees.