The Capstone International Nursing Book Award
PURPOSE: The Capstone International Nursing Book Award recognizes the excellence of one outstanding book published by nurses.
ELIGIBILITY: Any nursing books published for the first time from 2 February 2011 through 1 February 2013 are eligible. Book must be in print by close of eligibility period.
NOMINATIONS: Publishers, authors or readers may nominate books for The Capstone International Nursing Book Award.
CRITERIA: Book will be judged for the following qualities:
- Supports the learning, knowledge and professional development of nurses committed to making a difference in health worldwide.
- Exhibits exceptional publishing qualities including editorial, production and manufacturing values.
- Includes an electronic distribution component (please note in supporting narrative).
- Exhibits excellence in its subject matter through author expertise, level and type of coverage, contributors, reviews, awards, adoptions, endorsements, etc.
- Judges will also take into consideration originality and approach, reader appeal, academic and scholarly quality and suitability of vocabulary and content for the specific audience within nursing.
- Must be submitted in English
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Supporting documents required below must address the criteria. A complete nomination consists of:
- Online entry form and payment
- Supporting narrative (1-2 pages)
- Supporting PDF of reviews, author bios and credentials, contributor bios and credentials, and other examples that support the judging criteria
- Four (4) nonreturnable copies of the book in English mailed to STTI
CONTACT INFORMATION: For further information or to make a contribution to fund this award, contact Renee Wilmeth, STTI publisher, +1.317.634.8171 (International), 888.634.7575 (U.S./Canada toll free) or e-mail email@example.com.