Lippincott Williams & Wilkins is seeking an Editor for Home Healthcare Nurse. Home Healthcare Nurse is an essential publication for the nursing community with a long and distinguished history. The Editor provides the vision, energy, and leadership to produce a Journal that provides practical, hands-on information for all nurses working in home care. Home Healthcare Nurse covers a comprehensive range of nursing topics, including clinical and professional information on drugs, diseases, nursing care strategies, and legal/ethical issues.
Description: The Editor selects and develops journal content, including original articles, departments, columns, and editorials for the publication. In addition, the Editor manages the manuscript acquisition and peer review process, and appoints and directs the activities of the editorial advisory board and peer review panel. The Editor develops methods to continually improve the quality of the Journal.
- Develop the editorial program for Home Healthcare Nurse; solicit original articles on key topics as necessary
- Oversee the peer-review process; work with reviewers and authors to ensure each manuscript is reviewed and revised until ready for publication
- Write editorials and solicit guest editorials
- Appoint and direct the activities of the editorial advisory board, peer-review panel, and department editors. Set performance standards for the editorial advisory board and reviewers, including providing annual “report cards”
- Track manuscript; generate statistical reports periodically (e.g. submission levels, review time, acceptance rate, backlog)
- Submit complete editorial materials, through Editorial Manager, to the Publisher according to established deadlines
- Review page proofs for each issue and transmit corrections to the publishing office
- Oversee the Home Healthcare Nurse website and/or activities of the appointed Web Editor to add content, drive traffic to site
- Contribute input on readership surveys and promotional pieces for the Journal
- Conduct an annual Editorial Advisory Board meeting in conjunction with the Publisher at the annual National Association for Home Care (NAHC) Conference
Requirements: The Editor must be a nurse prepared at the masters level, with substantial knowledge of current nursing, healthcare practice and home care/community nursing. The ideal candidate will also have a record of successful publication. Strong clinical experience and/or educational achievement in nursing. Publishing experience as an author; extensive reviewing and/or editorial board member experience is necessary, as is computer literacy. Visibility and a strong network of contacts at the national level are required. This a part-time, independent-contractor position (with honorarium) and the Editor is expected to maintain a primary connection to the field through an active clinical or management role. The ideal Editor will be a highly organized, motivated individual with the skills and talent to develop a timely, exciting publication fostering excellence in the specialty of home care nursing. Time to devote to the Editorship. Strong organizational and leadership skills.
To Apply: Forward current curriculum vitae with a letter of interest and expression of editorial vision for Home Healthcare Nurse to:
Kathleen M. Phelan, Senior Publisher, Kathleen.Phelan@wolterskluwer.com