Summer is often a time when we undertake what seems to be the onerous work of revising and resubmitting manuscripts. However, even when an editor provides numerous comments, the good news is that the readers and editor are interested in your work. Writing for Inside Higher Ed, Michael S. Harris offers good advice for working through revision for resubmission:
- Read through comments and edits.
- Create a master to-do list.
- Work through your master to-do list.
- Review the editor’s letter and reviewers’ comments.
- Write a response letter to the editor.
- Resubmit your manuscript and celebrate.
The essay is on line: https://www.insidehighered.com/advice/2015/08/03/essay-how-academics-should-approach-revise-and-resubmit-responses-journals