Writing for the Grad Hacker feature of Inside Higher Ed, science PhD student Danielle Marias reports on what she learned in Dr. Vicki Tolar Burton’s dissertation writing course at Ohio State University.
Marias summarizes the main principles that have helped her make progress:
- Daily free writing.
- “Only writing produces text.”
- Keeping a journal.
- Most productive times of day.
- Writing as first priority.
- Managing phone and email.
- Keeping track of progress.
- Gaining momentum.
The article is on line, open acccess:
Filed under: Writing Tips